Summary of Mechanics FAQs from Calling All Devs 19th of March 2018.
- Cliff Climbing & Jump Packs are not currently planned features, tho you will be able to traverse some rough terrain both on foot and via vehicles.
Commodities and Trade
- Planning Trade routes and a living economy is a major part of the planned gameplay for Star Citizen.
- The Starmap is getting expanded to also have info on various commodities.
- This will allow you to work out potential profit between Jumps and you’ll also be able to go down to each planet and see each of the commodities available & what their prices are.
- We don’t know the range of this data or what exactly will be shown yet tho.
- Ship Radars are locked to the ship, some have 2d Radars, some 3d.
- They are going to project the 3d style radars info using RTT into the 2d format, this allows them to have a single radar system which is much easier for them to maintain!
- EVA Velocity when jumping out of a ship is not preserved nor is it planned to be preserved currently.
- In fact if you leave a ship at high speed you’ll be slowed to “safer” operating speeds.
- In the future they may look at it.
- EVA is currently meant for small distance movements in space, to navigate areas and as a way of simulating mag boots using the thrusters to push you down & simulate gravity.
- E-War beyond EMPs is planned, just not for the short term.
- Hacking will be a thing, interfering with avionics systems, overriding computers and doors, some remote control potential too. There will be counters to this too.
- Jamming will also be a thing, blocking communications, using it for stealth.
- This allows some extra gameplay for the herald as it will be able to carry HUGE amounts of non-jamable ultra secure data, that it could potentially self destruct the data too.
- Previous to 3.1 distortion damage wasn’t setup correctly, causing EMPs to be extremely overpowered. EMPs are much more balanced & nerfed for 3.1.
- It’s going to take the warlock and the raven longer and more power to use their EMPs.
- This means they aren’t going to have as much power for other weapons & shields.
- The blast radius has been tweaked as well as having the cooldown increased.