Welcome to some more Star Citizen Patch Notes, 3.1.2 is now LIVE & will automatically update from the Launcher, Please delete your USER Folder (after updating) Located in: INSTALL DIR\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\USER
- Added the Gemini ballistic shotgun and magazine to PU shops.
- Increased number of instances of each mission type.
- Mission Objective Markers were adjusted to not overlap with its location on the Star Map.
- Players should now respawn in their ship or best available location following a disconnect or client crash
Now when a player logs out in their ship bed or the client crashes, the next time you connect, the game will attempt to log you back into your most recent ship and location. Your ship will despawn after 10 minutes has elapsed if the ship is empty. If the player attempts to reconnect after this timeout, the player should respawn back in the ship in the best bed/seat available the next time the player connects, assuming the ship has not been destroyed.
- Fixed rotating elevators in hangars that were rotating in place, causing players to get stuck.
- Fixed missing animation events for Admin NPCs.
- The rear elevator on the Reclaimer should no longer be unlocked all the time.
- The loading screen should no longer finish too early and cause an audio corruption.
- Fixed bounty hunt missions not completing properly or having correct naming.
- When switching game modes the loading screen should no longer show the previous mode.
- Ships should no longer duplicate on the ASOP terminals after making a claim.
- Fixed AI pirates and security spawning on top of one another when comm arrays are switched on/off.
- Fixed an issue where outpost markers would disappear after landing on the surface of a planetary body.
- Search prompts on corpses now stop displaying after being activated
- Fixed multiple memory leaks.
- Fixed 16 crash events including several server crashes.
- Various performance tweaks.
This patch actually fixes a good amount of the issues I had with 3.1 it also is a step closer to deeper persistence. It’s still a bit fiddly here still tho, if the server you are on crashes or restarts then your persistent location is still lost. Bed logging occasionally works, It works reliably when re-connecting to a server you were previously on, it also means you’ll get back on with your friends/same people. It is a step in the right direction to be sure & alleviates a good amount of the risk of a crash when cargo transporting, as you’ll be able to get it back potentially.
I am having less memory usage with this patch BUT I also updated a load of other stuff on my PC, should be overall a better experience.