Welcome to some more Star Citizen with the details of the 3.2.1 LIVE Patch which is now available to all backers. It has a good amount of quality of life improvements & updates. We’ll go over the patch notes then talk about the patch.
- Adjusted the R97 shotgun price to be more consistent with other weapons.
- Reduced the accuracy of AI turrets for the Cutlass, Starfarer, and Constellation.
- Scaled insurance expedite cost to be proportionate with ship values and changed refuel/repair costs to be a portion of the ship claim expedite cost.
- Removed EMPs from GrimHex Dumper’s Depot as they are not able to be fitted on ships.
- Reduced the mission spawn timers to increase the frequency and availability of missions.
- Tweaked stamina consumption and regeneration.
- Disabled radar in Star Marine until signatures and occlusion issues can be addressed.
Ships and Vehicles
- Adjusted heat values on the Blade’s weapons so the S3 plasma cannon overheats slower and the S2 is capable of overheating.
- Enabled UI prompts when an item is underpowered and removed MFD power throttle smoothing.
- Updated to a new algorithm for ESP.
- Reduced light levels on the bridge of the 600i.
- Updated UI sounds for the mining system.
- Updated Cutlass seating position to avoid strut obstruction.
- Overclock state is now calculated based on power variables.
- Reduced the firing arc of the Gladius nose gun to be in line with other ships and prevent AI from firing sideways at players.
- Updated Reclaimer manned turret dashboard UI to render to texture (RTT).
- Ship cannons or cannon type weapons are now semi-automatic fire.
- Manned and Remote turret controls have been updated to stabilize motion and ease aiming.
- In Star Marine they Removed watermelons from Echo 11 due their destruction causing a client crash.
- Fixed an issue where players could get trapped while while hacking a control point in Star Marine.
- The extraction SCU throughput should no longer remain after the rock has been fully extracted.
- Fixed the lack of weapon sway when ADSing and fixed holding breath to have a noticeable effect.
- Fix for the lack of friction on the lift preventing vehicle traction for the 600i.
- Refueling should properly charge and refund you if you interrupt services.
- The character should no longer vanish when trying on clothing and armor.
- Weapon fire audio should no longer continue after the gun overheats and shuts down.
- The Starfarer should have its catwalk railing back.
- The Starfarer should no longer be stuck in auxiliary lighting after the ship is powered on.
- Increasing the mineable threshold to prevent rocks from being highlighted as fracturable when they are extractable.
- Explosive ammunition (rockets and Combine) should do damage again.
- MISC and Drake ships should no longer trigger quantum fuel low audio when thrusters are overheating.
- The Avenger’s pilot seat should now properly highlight when selected in interaction mode.
- Calibration Progress audio should no longer persist for the slave ship after the master ship finishes calibrating.
- Overclocked components should now properly have overheat effects.
- Grenades should no longer travel toward map origin when thrown.
- Wearing specific kinds of helmets should no longer cause distant objects to appear blurry.
- The Nox should no longer have opaque glass.
- The player should no longer pass out too quickly from spamming crouch.
- The mining arm on the Prospector should retract when attempting to quantum travel.
- Turning on the scanning UI while attempting to calibrate should no longer result in nav points getting stuck on screen and the UIs stacking.
- The mG UI should no longer be offset when entering the pilot seat with a primary weapon drawn.
- Shield MFDs should now show the correct values for face redistribution.
- Fixed placeholder text on the Condemnation distortion scattergun.
- CryAstro should now properly restock ammunition.
- Disabling the quantum drive during an interdiction should no longer cause the VFX to stick.
- The countermeasure UI should now show properly after returning from scanner mode.
- Sniper rifles should no longer replay muzzle flash VFX when coming out of ADS.
- Players should now be able to equip more than one of the same weapon onto ship turrets.
- After switching channels in visor/mobiGlas chat messages and notifications should no longer be duplicated.
- AI should no longer spawn motionless into swarm modes of Arena Commander.
- The AR marker for party members should no longer be inaccurate if that member quantum travels away.
- The UEC/REC wallet should now update properly from account to game.
- Switching from Commlink to another app should no longer cause the chat logs to be lost.
- Switching between mG apps should no longer duplicate chat channels in Commlink.
- Gladius MFDs should no longer have flickering “replaceme” textures for AMD users.
- Reclaimer turret entry should no longer break on repeated usage.
- 600i should no longer run out of power while flying in atmosphere.
- The Ursa Rover should no longer run out of power while shooting.
- The Hurricane turret should now be able to fire while the shields are recharging.
- Fixed weapon groups on 350r so semi-auto weapons are not grouped with full auto.
- The Freelancer should now be able to fire its weapons while recharging its shields.
- Altered the weapon groups on the Buccaneer to avoid mixing semi-auto with auto.
- Altered power on the Scythe/Glaive so they can fire their size 5 weapons more reliably.
- The Reclaimer should no longer quickly overheat when in combat scenarios.
- The Avenger should now be able to fire while the shields are recharging.
- The Mustang series should no longer overheat quickly or get stuck in an overheat loop.
- The default weapons of the Super Hornet should now be able to be fired without losing power.
- The heat sink component should no longer be visible on the VMA.
- The bridge of the Caterpillar should no longer be stuck in a low light state.
- Star Marine control terminals should once again work normally.
- Party member AR markers should no longer be reflected.
- Fixed an issue where the Starfarer rear turret gunners didn’t have the ability to control their radar.
- All port slots should no longer be duplicated in the VMA.
- They Fixed 4 server crashes, 2 client crashes, an issue that caused shopping services to crash, an occasional disconnect issue (20009/30009).
- When disconnected from the game, the player entity should no longer get stuck inside the server.
- Fixed a shader issue that caused client performance to dip significantly when first loading into the PU.
Major Known Issues:
- The Mustangs Alpha and Delta have a severe bug that causes players to drop through the surface after landing. All owners have been given a temporary Aurora MR loaner while awaiting a resolution.
- Although there have been some updates to turret effectiveness, their function still has room for improvements which we will continue to iterate on moving forward.
The Graphics Options have also been fixed, VERY High means very high again. You do not need a USER.cfg to force the setting on any more.
I have updated my Star Citizen USER.cfg and Performance Guides accordingly, you can still turn Anti-Aliasing off and some other settings in the USER.cfg if you are looking for more FPS.
A big criticism of this patch for me is the aim-assist on the manned turrets and ship ESP.
They are trying various techniques to see what works best however having soft aim assist means your fire isn’t going where you want it necessarily and it levels the playing field in the wrong sort of way. I potentially wouldn’t mind if a derpy soft aim assist was available for new pilots but it would have to just be something that isn’t as good as being skilled.
Aim Assist is not really an appropriate answer to not having turrets and ESP in a good place, I want turrets to be responsive and stable, maybe even keeping position as the parent ship turns. ESP needs to be subtle for those that use it not overly sticky OR working against you.
What it looks like they are doing at the moment it seems is using this aim assist to prop up turrets and ESP while it’s being dialled in properly for either 3.3 or a 3.2.2 patch.
The skill of the pilot needs to be sovereign in Star Citizen, it’s a core foundation of the game. Accessibility to being able to learn those skills, tutorials & a stable Flight Model is key.
Again with the general IFCS, I can see they are still dialling that in, especially with the safety modes and decoupled.
It is really important that backers test this patch out and give feedback as well as reporting and prioritizing bugs. Your say effects how this game evolves and what features & fixes come online sooner.
ESP, Turrets and IFCS for me need to be what is addressed in the extreme short term.
There are occasionally unresponsive doors & a glitch with the mobiGlas opening and closing twice that happen that I’d like fixed too.
Some great QoL improvements with the patch,Missions are much more accessible and actually refresh more often. I’ve had great frame rates too 40+ for me.
It’s a solid patch BUT as I said ESP, Turrets and IFCS need to be the focus for a 3.2.2 patch in my opinion, get those systems right!