Welcome to some more Star Citizen with a look at the patch notes for Star Citizen Alpha 3.3.0 PTU & PTU Patch 3.3.0m. The PTU patch is available to all backers now.
This patch does not contain all of the intended features that the 3.3 LIVE build will have, new features will be added iteratively into the PTU.
Some features may be implemented in a partial state.
The Current Testing Focus is on the:
Valkyrie, Constellation Phoenix, Hammerhead, Reworked Mustangs, Cyclone variants.
Manned turrets,Changes to ship cannons, Power management, overpower, as well as overclocking ship systems and components.
- Integrated voice over IP (VOIP) and face over IP (FOIP). Settings can be accessed via the “comm setting” options menu including basic options and webcam facial calibration along with options to enable head-look tracking. VOIP requires the “NUMPAD +” to activate and broadcast to party members and local area via natural voice (if nearby and helmet off) or helmet mic if far away or wearing a spacesuit.
- Numerous updates to grouping and chat services.
- Added sliders for general mouse and mouse ADS sensitivity.
- Added: Rest stop location – CRU L2
- Added the repair/refuel/rearm functionality previously associated with CryAstro to all station landing pads (Port Olisar, Levski, Grimhex) and at Rest Stops. Note: Repair mG function no longer automatically pops up and will need to be manually selected via the service app.
- Added: Quantum route planning. The Starmap now has route planning functionality that allows it to automatically plot multiple quantum travel point routes around obstacles. Note: Though functional, this feature is still waiting on various UI elements.
- Added: Asteroid mining. Mineable resources can now be found in the asteroid belt around Yela and Delamar.
- Added “Scramble Race” style missions. Scramble races are death races using ships in space and using vehicles (Ursa/Cyclone) or Gravlev bikes (Nox/Dragonfly) on moons. Races use a checkpoint system with each player who shoots (ships) or moves over/near (vehicles) a checkpoint accruing a point toward victory. Additionally, players can destroy race leaders to gain their points. Note: This system still has pending tasks to complete and may lack functionality.
- Updated delivery missions to include a new delivery locker system.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added: Cyclone TR, AA, and RC
- The Cyclone TR includes a rear gunner position, meant for combating infantry and ground vehicles. The AA has missiles and an EMP for dealing with threats from above. The RC is a racing variant with boost functionality.
- Added: RSI Constellation Phoenix.
- Added: Aegis Hammerhead.
- Added: Anvil Valkyrie
- Coolers now use power, perform according to power, and can be overclocked.
- The Quantum Drive now performs according to its power state including faster spooling/calibration based on power and the ability to be overclocked.
- Turret gyrostabilization can now be toggled via an interaction node.
- Power target level can now be set independently for each item on the ship MFDs, allowing them to be manually over or under-powered.
- Added Hurston Dynamics Dominance and Attrition series ship weapons. Available in sizes 1 – 3, the Dominance series are high quality scatterguns that fire more pellets as they build up heat. The Attrition series, available in sizes 1 – 6, are laser repeaters that deal higher damage, via increased fire rate, the hotter the weapon gets. Both weapons can be purchased at GrimHex Dumper’s Depot but may lack some functionality in their current state.
- Complete rework of the Mustang series.
- Changed and reallocated support screen distribution on the Constellation series.
- Suppressed collision warnings for vehicles in hover mode to avoid excessive audio spam.
- Removed aim assist from turrets.
- Default loadouts have been redone on the following ships: Gladius, Gladius Valiant, Retaliator, Sabre, Sabre Comet, Hornet F7C, Hornet F7C Wildfire, Hornet F7CS, Hurricane, Terrapin, Mustang Alpha, Buccaneer, Cutlass, Dragonfly, Herald, Merlin, Prospector, Reliant, Starfarer, Starfarer Gemini, 300i, 315p, 325a, 350r, 600i, 85x, Aurora CL, Aurora LN, Aurora LX, Aurora MR, Constellation Andromeda, Constellation Aquila, Nox, and Khartu-Al.
- Increased the damage of all ship cannons, lowered their fire rate, increased their heat generation, and swapped many to “autocannons” that fire automatically. Mass drivers and scatterguns have remained semi-automatic.
- Updated heat and power MFDs.
- Removed some of the scratches on the cockpit canopy interior of the Terrapin.
- Refactored item overheat behavior and overheat warning system.
- Added landing gear compression to the 85x.
- Added a scroll bar to MFDs.
- Increased the afterburner velocity of the Hurricane.
- Added landing gear compression to the Freelancer.
- Added FPS combat AI. Available as a mission to Security Post Kareah.
- Added motion warping to allow sliding during vaulting depending on the object/destination.
- Added: Kastak Arms Karna assault rifle (available at Live Fire and Skutters).
- Updated pistol, stock, and shouldered inspect poses for more movement and control.
- Added a blue light to spin animations for the F55.
- Players can now enter interaction mode while inspecting a weapon.
- Refinements and improvements to FPS weapon recoil.
- Sped up the animation speeds of the lean mechanic.
- Tweaks to the level of protection provided by personal armor.
- Recoil and sway pass on the Gallant energy rifle.
- Updated numerous basic locomotion animations.
- Smoothed FPS movement and sway in and out of ADS.
- Kiosks, the PMA, and the VMA all now have functioning item previews.
- Updated notification system with a new overall icon and new event specific icons, including the ability to dismiss the alert.
- Removed F11 and RALT menus/function.
- Polished and smoothed one handed and two handed place/pickup animations.
- Updated The RSI Odyssey Flight suits.
- Changed mining power graph to reflect power transfer per time.
- Added a visual shaking effect to mining to help indicate the optimal range.
- The mining overcharge/danger bar now fills faster the greater danger you are in.
- Extraction throughput while mining is now based on how long the beam hits the same location.
- Instability while mining can now be lowered by holding the laser steady on the same point.
- Reworked the way instability and resistance is calculated for mineable rocks.
- When mineable rocks fracture their constitute ore will be unevenly divided.
- The broken up chunks of mineable rocks should now have a radar icon when outside of the range of outlining.
- Updated the mining resource quantities to create a thinner spread of higher yields.
- Faded central elements of the mining UI slightly to allow for better visibility.
- Slowed down and polished AI stair locomotion.
- When starting a linked quantum jump the party list will now only show who started the jump with you.
- Replaced Levski elevators with a revamped system.
- Update and polish to pickup and dropoff deliveries at outposts.
- Updated Security Post Kareah with new props, new geometry, and updated lighting.
- CryAstro station has been removed as all services can now take place at rest stops and stations
- Added new minable materials to refinery kiosks and rebalanced commodity trade routes.
- There was a huge slew of bug fixes from 3.2 LIVE – 3.3s PTU
- Various UI, Menu & QoL Fixes as well as fixing problems with individual ship glitches.
- With 3.3.0m They Fixed an additional 5 client crashes & a server crash.
Patch 3.3.0m came out with some other additional updates too, why m? Because the Evocat PTU tests used the other letters up to this point.
Re-enabled scramble race mission visor HUD.
Updated the loadouts of Kareah FPS combat AI.
Removed the instant rewards for killing FPS combat AI during the mission, which will now be handed out at the end of the mission.
Added a reststop model to the Starmap.
Fixed head snap during bed exit.
There should no longer be a skin off-set between the head and body of the character in the customizer.
The top part of the Valkyrie’s rear door should now have collision.
Fixed an issue where players weren’t dropping pickups in Arena Commander Battle Royale.
Races abandoned by other players should no longer be able to be accepted by others afterward.
The Starmap should no longer take several seconds to load.
Fixed an issue where the objective UI wouldn’t vanish after objective is completed for scramble races.
There are still some Major Known Issues with the patch:
Inviting someone to party via the mG causes a client crash. W/A: Invite via interaction mode.
In-game chat services may not be working correctly.
Ships rented from the front-end do not show up in ship selection list.
Airlocks lack lighting.
HUD vanishes when using a ground vehicle.
Ships are able to quantum travel to locations they do not have enough fuel to reach.
Visor chat channel does not work. W/A: Hit the “bell” icon twice.
If you are having issues with joining the PU & buttons not working then – When trying to join the PU after making a character click the bottom right of the Stanton System button ONCE, then wait for about a minute for the next screen to come up, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it’s offset buttons and this tip covers both.
I haven’t been able to find Levski in this build personally.
VOIP doesn’t seem to be working for me either.
That said my frame rate is sooo good it feels like a whole new game.
And the Mustang Rework… I actually really like it, maybe it’s just because it has soo much more function now, maybe it’s the higher frame rates.
I’ll get a state of the game video out once we have 3.3 Live BUT I’ll continue to follow the Patch Updates for the PTU and LIVE builds, currently tho I want to record lots of b-roll in high framerates!