Welcome to some more Star Citizen Alpha 3.4 is now out to the Wider PTU Wave 0 so for Evocati, Concierge and Subscribers, let’s go through the patch notes for this Star Citizen Alpha 3.4.0 PTU Patch.
Please not that this patch does not contain all of the intended features for 3.4, some will be added during the PTU phase or iterated on.
The Testing Focus for the patch is. The New Ships being the Freelancer variants & 600i Touring. The Lorville Central Business District. Hurston mission variants (delivery missions, scramble races)
They have Added the Lorville Central Business District.
The Central Business District at Lorville can be reached via the Central Line transit leaving from Leavsden Station. Within the district you’ll find the Transfers Commodity Exchange, the trading headquarters of the city and the office of Jr. Outsourcing Agent Constantine Hurston. The district also features the Hurston Dynamics Showroom where the latest weapons from the arms manufacturer are proudly on display for purchase. Note: Art is still undergoing a final pass and the shops, kiosks, and Constantine still have additional setup needed.
Some Mission Additions
A New Mission Giver: Wallace Klim – Klim is a chemist and a drug dealer found deep within the bowels of Levski.
Hurston variants for delivery, patrol, bounty/assassination, and ECN missions.
- Added scramble races to Hurston and its moons
- AddedHurston underground bunker FPS AI missions.
- Updated mission objective marker to be more visible and include a secondary objective where appropriate.
- Bringing an invalid vehicle or placing your vehicle within another should now disqualify you form scramble races.
- Improved FPS AI strafing behavior.
- Increased the time given to the player for delivery missions.
- Improved missile management for AI piloted ships.
- Added the ability to scan navigation points while in scanning mode.
- Added an early implementation of sub-system targeting.
Players can cycle target to different ship components using SHIFT + T /Y to cycle sub-target forward/backward and SHIFT + U to reset to main ship. Note: Currently, this lacks UI labeling.
- Added turret aim/target direction indicators to both the turret and pilot visor.
A white cone/pyrimid indicates the direction the turret is facing, which will tint red when the turret gunner is firing. If a turret locks onto a target, an orange dashed line will be drawn from the turret toward the target. These are visible to all other turret gunners and the pilot.
- Improved 3D ship model preview manipulation controls.
- Added a UI warning for whem attempting to extract with a full hold of mineable ore.
- Players can now hold “F” and use WASD in vehicle seats to quickly flick between MFDs.
- Added visor chat to the comms MFD.
- Added power prioritization to power MFD.
- Interaction mode now has a quick select option. Pressing “F” quickly will activate the default interaction option of the hightlighted objected. Disabled while in the pilot seat.
- Creating 3D icons for mining.
- Removed unused and unneeded port information from the shopping kiosk.
- Updated quantum travel makers with distance scaling.
Ships and Vehicles
- We have the new 600i Touring Variant.
- The Freelancer MIS, Freelancer DUR, and Freelancer MAX.
- Added visual deployment states and animations for fracturing vs extracting modes on the Prospector.
- Powerplants now have a ramp-up and a ramp-down time before reaching full power or fully shutting down.
- Increased the quantum fuel capacity of all exploration/pathfinder style ships by 20%.
- Extemded Reliant cargo hold to accomodate 6 SCU.
- Ship EMPs now generate heat, make more use of power, and are able to be overclocked.
- Updated the Behring Sawbuck Ballistic Repeaters.
- Ship quantum drives now produce heat and are capable of overheating.
- Updated all turret speeds.
- Reduced cannon damage across all sizes.
- Added 3rd person view to Freelancer turret.
- Updated Joker suckerpunch cannon art.
- Gravlev vehicles can now only be spawned at vehicle kiosks.
- Added landing gear compression to the MISC Reliant.
- Moved interaction nodes on the Reliant to fit with interior changes.
- Balance pass on the Joker Distortion Cannon and Behring Ballistic Repeater.
- They’ve Updated party markers.
- Added a unique outline color for untargetted, unscanned rocks when mining.
- Changed the repair and refueling cost at the rest stops to reflect a small degree of scarcity associated with them.
- Smoothed out AI animation to prevent stair bobbing and teleportation.
- Adjusted mining volumes and mineable entity geometry.
- Added a select/rent ship button to main Arena Commander splash screen.
- Added manufacturer’s logos to the ship selection screen.
- Updated rental text.
- After successfully renting a ship the selection now shifts to that ship.
- Pressing “L” while dead in Star Marine should once again open the loadout screen.
- Rejoining a Star Marine match should no longer disable a player’s ability to capture a point until the following round.
- Proximity alert should no longer cancel the Lorville restricted area warning, causing it to not return.
- The overcharge sensor should properly reset when mining and moving from one rock to another.
- Recco should properly remember that she has met you.
- Impact prediction (pips) now make better use of acceleration.
- When pads are full and a player requests a ship, they should no longer be given a queue position of 0.
- AI contacts should clean up properly on the ship radar.
- The mining laser should no longer become heavily offset on occasion.
- The player’s sit position should now be correct in the Valkyrie’s jump seats.
- QT graphical effects should no longer be visible inside some ships.
- The Dragonfly should now have a self destruct timer and message.
- Ship weapons should now behave correctly according to power distribution.
- Corrected some mislabeled lagrange points.
- FPS AI should no longer get stuck if a player exits through an airlock.
- NPCs at Lorville should no longer be standing on benches.
- Zooming while in interaction mode should now be centered on the cursor.
- The Anvil Arrow’s missiles should no longer be floating beside it.
- The player character should no longer get a boosted jump by jumping a few times in a row.
- Patrol missions should consistently work now for updates.
- NPCs should now be properly be moving in the borehole corridor.
- Landing rights should now be revoked if the player leaves the ATC area.
- Ships should no longer be cleaned up/stored at outposts.
- The Anvil Arrow should now consistently appear on the ASOP if the player owns it.
- The Mustang series ships should no longer spawn with the ladder down.
- The landing gear and wing folding should now trigger properly on the Mustang series.
- Larger ships should no longer be occasionally assigned small hangars at Lorville.
- Guns dropped by players should be cleaned up before the next round in Star Marine.
- Flight and throttle animations should play for all ships.
- The player should no longer be transported to map origin when in the driver’s seat of a Greycat when it explodes.
- Players should no longer be able to eject from Valkyrie as it isn’t intended.
- The ship HUD and MFDs should no longer reload when the player switches from 3rd to 1st person.
- Admin clerks at rest stops should now interact with players.
- Chat lines should longer exceed the bounding box of the mobiGlas comms app.
- The Venture Executive flight suit should no longer function as an invisibility suit.
- Blade entry animations should now be properly aligned.
- The Cyclone should now have surface sound effects when maneuvering.
- Slightly toned down the heat haze effect on Daymar.
- The snow effect on Yela should no longer appear inside outposts and ships.
- 100% full mining container indicator should now have a consistent color.
- Adjusted the rear door of the Avenger’s ramp so it reaches the ground.
- Toned down the Lorville hangar ambient audio.
- Ship loadouts should no longer be locked permanently after spawning a ship in the PU.
- The Arrow turret can no longer be placed onto any weapon hardpoint.
- The targetting UI should no longer remain on after a target is destroyed.
- The shield display on the CVI should no longer be significantly delayed updating from real time.
- ATC audio should play correctly when requesting landing at Lorville.
- Vehicles spawned should no longer appear to move erratically.
- ATC should no longer be buried at the bottom of your contacts on the ship comms MFD.
- Turrets should no longer experience snapping when rotating while their parent ship is rotating.
- Ship turrets should no longer snap rotation to the other limit when crossing 180 degrees.
- Turret slots should now be editable for the Constellation, Caterpillar, and Cyclone TR on the VMA.
- The Karna magazine should no longer be mislabeled as Demeco.
- Rifles should no longer clip into the player when they are crouched.
- Players should no longer take damage on stairs, when mantling, or when making small jumps.
- MFD focus should no longer cause the screen to become blurred.
- The UI alert “shields down” should no longer get stuck.
- The admin office at Lorville should now have atmospheric pressure.
- Patrol missions should now update after the “hold” instruction.
- Orbital markers (OMs) should now properly rotate with the parent planetary body.
- Adjusted no-fly zone visual so it should no longer clip into hangars.
- The admin clerk’s idle animation should no longer be dramatic enough to cause the player to select the wrong interaction.
- Players should no longer be able to lose their box if they immediately place it back in the delivery locker.
- The player should no longer be placed underground after ship cleanup at Lorville.
- There should no longer be replaceme balls inside Teach’s Ship Shop.
- While searching for a player the FPS combat AI should no longer stop frequently and hitch.
FIXED – All of the the following have been fixed:
- HMC Ryder having no waypoint on ITA.
- HDMS Anderson being missing on Aberdeen.
- an issue where the GForce blackout effect was stronger than intended.
- markers not appearing for some delivery and bounty missions.
- objectives not updating for some delivery missions.
- multiple Lorville guards occupying the same space.
- some areas of Lorville L19 that had double gravity.
- elevators in Levski appearing invisible from certain angles.
- 7 client crashes, a server crash. & Various performance tweaks.
There are still some Major Known Issues with the Patch:
- All downed satellite missions, given by Darneely, fail to update at the retrieve component step.
- Players are currently unable to set destinations on the mobiGlas Starmap app. W/A: Use manual select quantum, ship 3D radar Starmap, or push and hold the “set destination” button for at least 10 seconds prior to releasing.
- Kills are not recording properly, causing most kill related missions to fail.
- ESP is currently not functioning.
I just want to add a quick bit at the end here, if they get the crashes sorted for this patch I will be extremely happy, there is a huge amount of missions here and having access to the bounty hunting ones and different difficulties from the off is awesome.
I was able to complete a load of different missions, Delivery ones, Bounty Hunting and there wasn’t a drought of mission either they were everywhere!
I’ll get a tour of the Freelancers, 600i and the Business District up soon.
Roll on 3.4 LIVE!