Welcome to the Apex Legends Patch Notes for PreSeason Patch 02 Released the 19th of February 2019, details on the Havoc Energy Rifle that was added to the game and a few leaks too about some new Legendary Characters.
Patch is live on ALL PLATFORMS. Here’s the notes:
- Fixes for PS4 crash issues.
- Addresses issues we saw with GPU hangs.
- Fixed crash when pressing button early in load process.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes move slowly after revive.
- Fixed issue with Mirage Ability causing crashes.
- Fixed issue with Gibraltar Epic skins on Xbox One causing crashes
The Havoc Energy Rifle was added to the game.
You can find this around the map at pretty much any location, though it’s uncommon.
It takes energy ammo and by default is an assault rifle HOWEVER it has some other features.
It takes a long time to spin up but dumps it’s ammo extremely quickly for some very high DPS at short to medium range.
It has capacity for 25 Rounds in it’s mag
Attachment wise it can take a stock, sight & a single hop up attachment and in fact this really changes the weapon as you have a choice of 2 hop ups here.
- The Turbocharger (which previously was exclusively for the Devotion): Eliminates autofire spin-up time & the weapons major weakness.
- Select Fire Receiver (which was previously just for the Prowler): Enables charge beam alt-fire mode. You’ll be able to change from full auto to a hitscan beam (which takes 5 ammo) pretty much like a rail gun HOWEVER it does take a small charge time.
- Mastering the fire-mode change mode can make the weapon quite effective HOWEVER it can be argued that their are better weapons for each individual task.
My preference by far is the Turbo Charger, it makes the weapon incredibly strong, the lack of charge delay with that mod is just great for getting the dps in first.
There is also a Twitch Prime Pack available to those that have it with 5 Apex Packs and a Legendary Skin for the Pathfinder.
Leaks suggest that there is a couple of new heroes Octane & Wattson being added to the game soon, it looks like:
Octane: Has a stim injection.
Wattson: Has a Tesla Trip wire/mine.