Star Citizen Citizen looking at Alpha 3.8.1 PTU Updates there is also some info and leaks on the Cutlass and very loose medical gameplay in the form of respawn points.
Some Cutlass information, I have it from a reliable source that the Cutlass Red could potentially be in our hand during the PTU or LIVE version of this patch. Also the Cutlass Black might have some changes to it’s rear section potentially at least at some point. That’s not confirmed BUT they have suggested a few times that the Black might get a toilet so we will have to see.
I saw in Star Citizen Leaks that they had also found some of the Cutlass Red Files in 3.8.1 PTU BUT they had also seen references to Medical Gameplay in the files too and as I have previously suggested this could potentially see Ships with medibays acting as spawn points for yourself or team members. The leak is just of hint messages talking about setting your preferred Spawn Point and Intensive Care unit MedBed.
It would be amazing if these are spawn points, being able to recover quickly from accidental death and not having to travel a long distance would save soooo much time… organized events would really really make use of this enabling much more ease of access to players setting up silly events in game now and being able to get a turnaround. Even just choosing a respawn location when you die… that would be slick!
I do think we will at least see the Cutlass Red in 3.8.1 LIVE.
Let’s take a look at the full Updates & Patch Notes for the current Alpha 3.8.1 PTU:
- Added a separate hostility activation under accidental fire threshold for party members.
- Added target nearest friendly functionality and keybind.
- Camera shake is now a slider option in the options menu.
- Added auto zooming on selected target (default off).
A subtle zoom on the target when the weapon prediction points, the aiming point, and the look direction align. Can be enabled and disabled as well as max zoom value adjusted in the game settings.
- Added footsteps on wood sound effects at appropriate locations in Area18.
- Removed aim action from gamepad due to look ahead mode conflicts and to unify setup with default joystick.
- Security patrol quantum travel interdiction will no longer occur for lawful players but will still occur for players in normal transit.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added an entrance light ring to indicate where a player should stand to get the entrance interaction on the Mole.
- Updated mass on the Breton powerplant.
- Adjusted the position of the bed exit and logout interaction in the Aurora.
- Synced the light states of the Caterpillar do the exterior door switches.
- Improved audio feedback on ship weapon impacts. Rebalancing of the volume levels of shield and hull impacts, and adding audible vibration/duress sounds on heavy hits.
- Tweaks to improve the way ship ambient audio changes with the power state of the ship.
- Tweaks to improve the audio mix and audio behaviour during quantum travel.
- Added a new door on the side of the mole to fix problem with sideways opening clipping in to the visible exterior of the ship.
- Players should no longer be able to fall out of the Argo Mole during quantum travel.
- The mining storage containers beneath the Argo Mole should now have collision.
- Fixed incorrect animation playing when the female character sprints with a pistol.
- Melee when using the Animus should now correctly deal damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from getting their intended starting UEC value.
- Fixed an issue where after a player has rented one ship additional attempts at renting would time out and fail.
- Fixed an issue where the player would appear offset when entering the Herald’s bed.
- Cargo holds when mining should no longer randomly fluctuate to full or empty their contents occasionally.
- Players should no longer fall through the planetary surface near landing areas of HDMS Lathan.
- Shield HUD warnings should now only display when taking damage rather than on startup.
- PIPs should no longer be affected by head movement.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get locked in third person camera when using any turret in the Starfarer.
- Patrol missions should no longer occasionally hang when given a “hold” command.
- It should no longer be possible for extraction/fracture UI to be switched when mining.
- The “Call to Arms” mission should no longer be able to be duplicated on the mobiGlas.
- FPS AI kill sweep missions should now track kills and completely properly.
- Turret interaction prompts on the Caterpillar should no longer be inverted.
- Ship outgoing hails should now have UI audio.
- FPS weapons should now consistently fire when drawn.
- The Starfarer Gemini should once again have its missile racks.
- The “Call to Arms” mission should now appear to all players who meet the requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the Quantum Drive spooling up would sometimes not be heard, particularly on large ships.
- Fixed the objective timer not ending in during escort missions.
- The timer for rented ships in the PU should now be consistently displayed on the terminal.
- Fixed too far away arrival point for quantum travel to New Babbage and Lorville.
- Regular clothing sounds should no longer be audible while wearing a space suit.
- The player should no longer occasionally lose the ability to quantum travel to another orbital marker after traveling to one initially.
- Weapons on the PMA and kiosks should no longer appear heavily out of scale.
- There should no longer be a fine kiosk at Baijini point that lacks any texturing.
- Fixed power MFDs displaying the wrong values.
- Patrol missions should no longer start spawning repeated hostiles when the number of players involved changes.
- Fixed an issue where the delivery location marker for a Recco delivery was not located on the locker.
- Recco invite missions should no longer cause multiple markers.
- The chem run mission issued by Klim should now direct to Grim HEX instead of Levski.
- The comms MFD should no longer fail to automatically refresh when coming into a new ATC’s range.
- Player arms should no longer flail about when getting on and off of the passenger seat of the Dragonfly.
- Fixed an issue where ships could be stored at outposts that can’t spawn them.
- Fixed missing rain canopy effects on the Mole.
- Increased the time available to pickup deliveries for associated missions.
- Fixed an issue where party chat would refresh every time a player was added or and removed.
- Fixed the Argo Mole’s incorrect ore cargo capacity.
- Fixed overlapping rock scan data on the Mole’s turrets.
- Fixed Eckhart’s group bounty mission having the QT marker remain after the target is killed.
- FPS weapons should no longer vanish from inventory when swapping.
- Fixed an issue where selecting an item you could not afford would cause others to be impossible to buy.
- The server blade in Clovus’ mission should no longer fall through the planet when placed on the ground.
- Fixed missing audio on the mining arm extension and retraction.
- There has been a huge amount of crashes fixes with 10 server crashes & 12 client crashes being addressed.
There is still a boat load of Known Issues, hopefully this means they will be addressed (at least the more egregious ones) for 3.8.1 LIVE.
- The character head will sometimes vanish when cycling through available sources on the character customizer.
- Once an Animus spare magazine has been emptied the player can no longer equip fresh magazines in the same slot.
- Ships can be displayed as “unknown” after destruction, be available for spawn, but not appear on their specified hangar.
- Entering or exiting via EVA can sometimes cause the player to turn/spin suddenly and harm themselves.
- The Pisces appears as placeholder text on commodity kiosks
- Objects can fall through the floor when dropped.
- When server FPS is low the mobiGlas can sometimes close immediately after open.
- An extra static train can appear at Lorville and prevent the use of trains.
- THe visuals of the ships on the rental screen may have missing areas or disappear completely.
- The Caterpillar will occasionally rock or tip over on itself after landing on a planetary body.
- Entering ships with ladders causes the player to drop delivery boxes.
- CryAstro services may not work at various stations and major ports.
Work-around: Hover before landing and request services just above the pad.
- Rentals and/or rental timers may not work when renting a second ship.
- Party makers will vanish from their respective players if they die far from their respawn point.
- If a player’s ship is destroyed after bed logout they will return to the server at origin.
- NPCs may sometimes be doing usable animations in places that they shouldn’t.
- Countermeasures are not working as intended to deter missiles.
- The 890 Jump does not have the correct cargo capacity.
- The Combine Cannon and distortion weapons are not working as intended.
- Elevators at Port Tressler and Everus Harbor may not show up when called.
- If the quantum travel marker is at the edge of a moon or planet its possible to QT through the moon and explode..
- Purchased commodities will often visually not appear in the ship’s hold.
- Players may experience stalls in performance shortly after loading into Star Marine and firing weapons.
- NPC beacon notifications will sometimes display an incorrect distance.
- AI ships can often get stuck in the middle of their motion and not advance further.
- AR makers for enemies can sometimes be seen through walls in Star Marine.
Currently Alpha 3.8.1 PTU is very unstable with client and server crashes happening regularly. They have brought the PTU down to do some more fixes at time of writing:
And that’s it for the info we have on 3.8.1 PTU, it does look like 3.8.1 will have a Persistence Wipe for LIVE so bare that in mind. There isn’t an indication here if Platform Persistence is planned for this update it’s a backend feature so we might not know for sure until it’s LIVE.