Star Citizen Alpha 3.8.2 is now out to LIVE & the Carrack is also on Sale.
Let’s take a look at the additions of that 3.8.2 LIVE patch.
New Ship Available: Anvil Carrack and Anvil Carrack Expedition The Anvil Carrack features reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, an advanced jump drive, and a dedicated computer core for jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use. On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite.
Added initial long term persistence. (LTP) – We have added an early version of long term persistence to allow player purchases and UEC earnings to persist between database wipes. For now, we will persist FPS item purchases, ship component purchases, ship purchases, and UEC earnings. While we intend on minimizing the frequency of wipes and persisting as much data as we can, at this stage in development we will still undoubtedly encounter scenarios that require full wipes. We’ll communicate these scenarios as they arise.
- Updated interior lighting for the Cutlass Red.
- Increased the light radius and intensity of the Cutlass Red searchlight.
- You can now interact with medical bed computer on ships while standing next to it to save your spawning location.
- Fixed an issue that was causing FOIP to be turned on by default. (Please note, if you have a previous USER folder from 3.8.1 you will need to delete this as it may still be set to have FOIP enabled)
- Fixed the missing audio on Cutlass Red medbay door.
- Fixed a possible click in the Cutlass Red thruster audio.
- Fixed the game-wide crackling audio caused by weapon fire report audio.
- Insurance claims should consistently work without duplications.
- Bed logout should now work consistently and no longer cause an infinite load.
- Fixed various shield holes on the Aegis Sabre.
- Fixed interaction text orientation on side airlocks of the Cutlass Red.
- Fixed missing weapon rack inside the Cutlass Red.
- Fixed multiple shopping kiosk issues that could result in the transaction going through but the item not being granted to the player.
- Fixed the missing Interior Cockpit Glass LODs on the Aegis Sabre.
- Fixed the Cutlass Red interaction text position on the medbed for female avatars.
- Fine terminals should now show the correct UEC owed and no longer show -1 UEC balance.
- Scanned mineable rock markers should now correctly show on the edge of the screen while the mineables are off screen.
- Claimjumper missions should now correctly show waypoints and spawn NPCs.
- Players should no longer randomly die getting off the tram at Riker Memorial Spaceport in Area18.
- Fixed multiple lighting effects sometimes being excessively bright on the Vehicle Loadout Manager.
- Fixed Cubby Blast shop kiosk USE interaction points so that they can now all be interacted with correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the ship 3D radar did not appear as intended.
- Certain ship beds (ex. Mole) should no longer cause an infinite loading screen on return from using them to logout.
- Players should now be able to hack away more than 1 crime per Crypto Card.
- Rented ships should no longer appear as owned after filing insurance claims or waiting beyond the rental period.
- Fixed 4 server crashes & 13 client crashes.
The Carrack is on Sale & Flyable in Game the Warbond version is $500 and the Store Credit one $600.
You can purchase a couple of upgrades tho if you want which amount to a new White with red/white accents Livery/Skin for $25 which is the Expedition Skin unifying it with it’s Expedition version of it’s parasite craft with that in mind there is also an upgrade for the C8 Pieces into a C8x for $20 (that gives it an additional 2 weapon mounts).
You can get both, either or neither of those upgrades.
The C8x is also available to purchase for $45 and is a nice little starter ship.
All Carracks come with an Ursa Rover and either the C8 or C8x.
For the more financially affluent or mad there are some updated large ship packages containing the Carrack from $1000 being touted too.