Welcome to some more Star Citizen we have had a couple of 3.9.1 PTU Patch Updates with a b & c patch. The 3.9.1 Patch is planned to go live with Fleet Week starting the 22nd of May and aims to address some of the major problems with the 3.9 branch.
Let’s take a look at the patch notes for the 2 patches…
- The Drake Cutlass Blue is flyable in the PTU and going to be in LIVE immediately available to anyone that already owns it. It will be available to buy & freely rent from the 30th of May – 1st June from the Drake DefenseCon Fleet Week Days. It has Prisoner Pods & a Quantum Dampening Device and a bit of a different default loadout but is otherwise a Cutlass… I really like it’s utility though!
- Adjusted the amount of wind present on planets to reduce the overall frequency of storms.
- CryAstro Services should now correctly work at all locations.
- Duplicate/Static trams should no longer appear at landing zones.
- Reclaimer soap dispensers in the bathroom should no longer be replaceme balls.
- The player should no longer standing up on the bed, causing them to clip through the geometry, after logging back into the PU in certain ships.
- Fixed missing LODs and collision issues with security docks on space stations.
- Autopilot should now correctly disengage after triggering it by flying into the restricted area.
- Headlight glow textures on the Argo Mole should now all display correctly when the headlights are on.
- Fixed reflection lighting issues on the interior cockpit glass of the Freelancer, Starfarer, and Prospector.
- Fixed multiple “Replace Me” Textures present around the cockpit and exterior of the ANVIL Valkyrie Liberator variant.
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander single player mode that was causing players to be unable to change ship selection.
- Rear Aft turrets should no longer be missing from the Carrack and Carrack Expedition.
- Lower Aft Turret on the ANVIL Carrack should no longer have intrusive reflections that obscure the player’s view.
- Fixed clipping issue on entry/exit of military style bunks on the Hammerhead, Carrack, and Reclaimer.
- Female characters should no longer exit out of the Prospector’s bed on the wrong side.
- Players should no longer hear VOIP party or proximity chats globally.
- Increased the flight speed of the Cutlass Blue.
- Added Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Red, and Cutlass Blue to Arena Commander Inventory.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to lose collision and go into a no-clip state.
- Player should no longer be given a CrimeStat for not stopping for a security patrol and should correctly be given an infraction.
- Mission Givers should now speak or animate correctly if player accepts an invite mission while they are not streamed in.
- Fixed multiple missing LODs and missing geometry on the station security docks.
- There should no longer be a spot of missing texture at the Teasa Spaceport on Lorville.
- Between both those patches they Fixed 6 server crashes, 7 client crashes & a server deadlock.
There are some Known Issues still in the Current PTU Build:
- Outposts on Hurston with a trading console available do not see landed ships.
- The multiTool from the prison commissary does not come equipped with an OreBit mining attachment – apparently un-equipping your undersuit in the mines and then dying will respawn you with the multi-tool… maybe.
- If the player exits to menu/disconnects/crashes during the prison load screen transition their load-out will not be changed.
- Ships can be displayed in an “unknown” state, unclaimable and irretrievable.
Also not mentioned Trains are sometimes appearing on the tracks that shouldn’t be there, with like 2 trains coming in to stations again. This seems to be a recurring bug.
Fleet Week is incoming and hopefully & those known issues all really need fixing for 3.9.1 LIVE.
Stability is extremely good for me at least and frame rates are up. The entrance way to Brevic Convention Centre at Area 18 is already for Fleet Week as are Military Docks for the UEE Parade around the Stations above ArcCorp, Hurston & microTech.
We do know that the 3.9.1 patch will bring a load of new ship skins that we will be able to buy and freely move around appropriate ships.