Welcome to some more Star Citizen, there is a new Patch on the Open PTU 3.10.0s.
And I have seen a good few people suggest that it’s a release candidate for a Live build. I believe that it’s not quite there yet.
The patch adds various changes and updates:
- Temporarily updated Pro Trem Missions to not spawn around Delemar to avoid an issue with the target not spawning
- Increased the time it takes doors to start shutting after it detects the ship has left the hangar bounds
- Increased the signature range for scanned mineables
- Temporarily changed the Banu Defender loadout to use fixed S2 Tachyons to prevent the singes from being swapped to other ships & they should no longer incorrectly damage multiple shield faces per hit. This was causing the Singe to be the OP meta weapon in the PTU.
- Removed Nox Kue, Dragonfly Yellowjacket, Titan Renegade, and Sabre Comet from shops in the PU – Them removing those is not a big deal, they are literally just skin and loadout changes and everything except those specific skins can be bought in game.
- Updated the error messaging received upon server disconnect
- Wind should no longer blow inside landing zone hangars.
- Repairing should now restore a ship’s flight behavior to normal after repairing damage such as broken wings / thrusters / ship parts.
- Ping scans should now correctly show where a mineable deposit is on planet surfaces.
- Fixed an issue that was causing AR icons for ship mineables to frequently not display when intended.
- The Player Ship should no longer be destroyed shortly after flying into a Restricted Area / Zone around the Spaceport after leaving a Hangar
- Autopilot should now correctly give control back to the player after taking over in a landing spline.
- Hangar Doors should no longer remain closed when the Hangar is assigned to a Landing Players Ship
- Player’s VOIP connection should now correctly reconnect again after a previous disconnect
- The Aim of the Mining Lasers on the Argo Mole should no longer become offset when aiming at a Mineable Rock.
- The mineable deposit AR icon shuld no longer disappear when in field of view.
- Boxes should no longer be labeled as “ObjectiveSetup” in HUD when completing Covalex delivery and Recovery from wreck missions.
- Fixed an issue causing bodies to float above the ground when dragging a body up stairs.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bartender to sometimes wait long periods before being able to interact with usables.
- Fixed 3 Client crashes & 2 Server crashes
Likely CI doing quick fixes for the ProTem Missions and Singes suggests they are trying to get their house in order for a LIVE release however I would like the Banu Defender and Singes as functional as possible rather than bodged.
There are still a good few more major issues with 3.10 on the PTU that they are trying to resolve…:
- Repair/Refuel at HUR-L4 Station will cause a client crash. Currently you need to avoid the location.
- When the user ping scans an asteroid and then ping scans again the blob / asteroid relocates.
- Shots from remote turrets may appear desync-ed but still connect with the target.
- When firing at AI ships they will appear to Desync and have high packet loss
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown’ after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
- Multi-Tool in Klescher Prison Commissary does not come with a OreBit mining attachment
- If the player exits to menu/disconnects/crashes during the prison load screen transition their load-out will not be changed
- The Area18 nav marker will appear at the central plaza, not the spaceport.
- Landing gear will take multiple presses of the keybind to activate.
- Legally landed ships may be impounded
There are issues with disconnections in the current build for me at least it looks there are now 10k and 30k issues… but I suspect that’s just CI renaming some of the disconnects more appropriately.
Some more Minor bugs that still need to be fixed imo are:
- Crystals and large surface rock deposits don’t settle properly after fracturing causing them to vibrate and shake
- The Greycat ROC cannot extract all of the child crystals, some are left behind
- Hammerhead atmo entry effects clipping through interior of the ship
- When going into ADS and crouching / prone you will be unable to see through the optics scope on the Arrowhead or P6-LR
- Freelook does not always work properly in turrets
It’s looking like keybinds and targeting are relatively well settled in now and once we have stability to the patch and a few more of those major bugs fixed we should have a LIVE build.
I hope that CI doesn’t push it this weekend if those conditions aren’t met… I think we’d all have a much better experience with 3.10 LIVE if they go live next week.