Star Citizen Alpha 3.10.1 has just been released to the PTU and some of the fixes and issues that they are addressing in the Alpha 3.10 branch ASAP.
CI posted a statement in This Week in Star Citizen looking at 3.10 updates and the 3.10.1 Patch:
With the release of 3.10.0 we have posted all the major content feedback threads and are in the process of reviewing those now, with hopes of a report going out soon. In addition, we reported the top most irritating bugs and the top highest priority voted issue council posts with hopes of addressing some of those in 3.10.1 which is now on the PTU.
Some issues we hope to fix:
- Slow stream in of locations resulting in sudden appearances or falling through the world
- Reverting the changes to the Defender and updating the Singes
- Fixes to get delivery missions working consistently
- Fixes to the Greycat ROC’s gathering beam
We are still looking to do more, so keep your eyes open for more info.
Alpha 3.10 Known Issues
- There is a known issue with in-game purchased ships made during 3.9.1 not appearing after the 3.10 update. We are investigating the issue. We recommend not performing a character reset as this will not bring back in-game purchased ships.
- The Invisible ammo/mag issue present in 3.9 is still present in 3.10. Character Resets do not currently resolve this issue. There is no known work around at this time.
- Some reports of aUEC differences between 3.9.x and 3.10. Character Resets will not resolve this issue. We can only recommend playing as normal while we investigate.
Over the weekend, we released out a potential hotfix for the known issue with ship upgrades and pledges not reflecting in-game. We’re monitoring the issue, and will update the Knowledge Base when we’ve confirmed the fix.
We do also have the Star Citizen Alpha 3.10.1 PTU.5825511 Patch Notes and patch in hand, it’s Open PTU so anyone with a gamepackage has access as long as they copy their account across from the Settings Section of the RSI Accounts Page. The Patch:
- Added updated bartenders and patrons to Rest Stop bars.
- Ship targeting UI updates
Added closure rate for ships that are targeted. Added reticle and pip animation indicating fire solution. Removed outline effects from targeted ship.
- Reverted Banu Defender back to normal default setup.
- Added manual interaction to the Internal doors in the Avenger series to help with players logging back in not being able to get through the doors.
- Temporarily converted Tachyon weapons into normal energy cannons.
- Locations and portions of locations should no longer stream in slowly or fail to stream in at all.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Greycat ROC to not pick up every mined gem with the tractor beam.
- Greycat ROC storage should now show the correct amount of minerals collected to the nearest decimal point.
- Mineable resources should no longer shift or move when hit with a vehicle.
- Changing Undersuits with Legs Armor Equipped will no longer make a Players Equipped Side Arm or Utility Items appear between their feet.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ships that flew into the autopilot / kill zone to be flown back to the spaceport before exploding.
- Area18 landing splines should no longer destroy the player’s ship on occasion.
- Fixed an issue causing multiple drop-off delivery missions to not have all 3 drop-off locations.
- Outpost building at Shubin Mining Facility SMO-13 should no longer be placed too high above ground which was preventing players from entering.
- Weapons will no longer float near the players back, if they unequip either the Pembroke or Novikov suit and then equip any torso armor.
- The external elevator screens at the New Babbage Spaceport Metro Loop should no longer be misaligned.
- Fixed an issue causing Bartenders to get stuck trying to pick up dirty drinks.
- Upper and lower turret seats in the Caterpillar should now have collision.
- Camera should no longer slowly pan through the ship interior at the end of an Arena Commander match.
- Equipping any attachment to a weapon using the inner thought should no longer cause the attachment to sit in the players hand.
- The 890 jump medical bed “Set preferred ICU” prompt should now be visible without having to lay down in the bed.
- Player and Ship Art will no longer become offset from the Ship when a player exits the Ship after Exiting Pilot Seat during QT.
- Fixed multiplied reversed decals on the Hornet series.
- Landing wrench icon should no longer display on a landing pad when spawning a ship.
- The Open and Close Interaction Mode Prompts on the Rear Interior Door of the cutlass Red and Blue should no longer appear reversed.
- Fixed 5 Client & 5 Server crashes
- Global chat is unavailable in the visor HUD
- Private Arena Commander matches are temporarily disabled due to an issue with the updated group system
- Player character can clip through the external doors of certain outpost buildings and Aid shelter buildings’ airlocks when entering
- Hangar Doors can remain closed when the Hangar is assigned to a Landing Players Ship.
- When firing at AI ships they will appear to Desync and have high packet loss
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown’ after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
- Crystals and large surface rock deposits don’t settle properly after fracturing causing them to vibrate and shake
- Hammerhead atmo entry effects clipping through interior of the ship
- The Area18 nav marker will appear at the central plaza, not the spaceport.
- Legally landed ships may be impounded
- If the player exits to menu/disconnects/crashes during the prison load screen transition their load-out will not be changed
- When going into ADS and crouching / prone you will be unable to see through the optics scope on the Arrowhead or P6-LR
- Freelook does not always work properly in turrets
- Shots from remote turrets may appear desynced but still connect with the target.
This patch seems very very stable when it comes to 30ks.
And there is just a lot less issues, bugs and general problems BUT there are still a load that need addressing.
There are still issues with delivery missions and taking off with the restricted areas splines.
There are still a couple of other common mobiGlas bugs and missing ships that need to be solved too.
There were issues with players that bought ships on the couple of days surrounding 3.10s release as well.
I saw on one of DigThat’s Videos that Trade was inconsistently working meaning you could get a tiny portion of the items that you “bought” but still be charged for all of them.
Actually I only just found out that they stealth removed the Reclaimer from buyable ships in game… hopefully they will re-add that!
The 3.10.1 Patch is a really really good step towards a much better Live patch and 3.10 branch but it still has a bit more work to do if it wants to make the Alpha really Playable.
Hopefully they are able to get enough fixes here… as we know they are keen to move fully over to 3.11 and 3.12 work. But even if they released it to live now it would be an improvement on 3.10.0 live.