Star Citizen Alpha 3.10.2 is now out to LIVE, this is a patch that has provided much needed fixes especially to the persistence of the game and assets that were previously not copied or lost.
Very Quickly I also want to go through what’s happening This Week in Star Citizen before we look more at that Patch:
Wednesday, we have a Esperia Talon Q&A.
Thursday brings the return of SHIP SHOWDOWN this is a community driven push to get players to share screenshots, works of art and general posts about their favorite ships in game and there may be some prizes as well as some of the most popular ships getting freeflys it seems. Last year we had special skins for the ships during IAE too.
Inside Star Citizen the same day looks at Force Reactions (so getting knocked around your ship) and the current progress of Spacescaping for the Stanton System.
We have a Calling All Devs this Friday BUT no SCLive.
Right let’s get back to that 3.10.2 Patch CI have said:
For the past week we’ve been trying to nail down a fix to a pretty nasty issue we’re seeing on live with Long Term Persistence in relation to ships.
We have gone through and recovered in-game bought ships that were not saved to long term persistence.
We’ve identified and addressed the issue that was preventing ships purchased with aUEC from being recorded and seen in-game. We’re very happy to let you know that we’ve also gone through our internal logs and will be re-attributing every ship that went missing since 3.9.
The Status Page is showing Fully Operational but does add:
If you continue to have missing ships post patch deployment, please initiate a character reset.
There were more Patch Changes as well:
- Increased legal delivery mission rewards.
- Ships purchased in the game should now be saved correctly to Long Term Persistence.
- Ships should no longer spawn in a flight ready state when a player logs back into the ship’s bed.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to sell 1 SCU of cargo indefinitely when it is placed in a ship that is within another ship.
- IFCS should no longer lower ship velocity while using a HOTAS when a player uses interaction mode or opens their mobiGlas.
- Derelict recovery missions that take place around MicroTech should no longer send the user to deliver the box to Area18.
- Character eyes should no longer appear large in certain goggles in the universe.
- Fixed 1 Client crash, 3 Server crashes, a memory leak & a GPU memory usage issue.
For a few hours of play in this patch it seems to be stable, I haven’t seen a 30k and from other players it looks like their assets, ships and money have been largely restored WHICH IS AWESOME. Delivery Mission Rewards and other mission rewards for that matter are still too low. Missiles still need a lot of work to get them balanced asap imo too.
HOWEVER there is still quite a large list of now renamed “Top Confirmed Known Issues” which I think are now likely going to be fixed for the 3.11 branch:
- Moving from EVA to gravity in ships may damage or kill a player
- Rest stops may become duplicated causing multiple hangar doors that will not open
- Hangar doors may close too quickly
- Purchased weapon magazines don’t appear in the mobiGlas
- Missiles/Torpedoes only hit 1 shield face – I am expecting Missile Changes in 3.11 anyway.
- Drake Herald HUD uses the old HUD system
- When flying the Prowler in Atmosphere and pitching the nose downwards, the Ship can flip 180 degrees and be facing the opposite direction
- NPCs may stand on seats throughout the PU… not again lol
- ‘Current Balance’ displayed in the bottom right of the mobiGlas does not update after making transactions
- Quantum and Hydrogen fuel values are incorrectly the same in the refueling interface
- Players can lose sound in Arena Commander
- Global chat is unavailable in the visor HUD
- If the Player Unequips Armor/Weapons/Utilities and Saves Changes, whatever was Unequipped will no longer be available in the PMA until the PMA is re-opened
- The Elevator panel on the Carrack may fail to work.
- Private Arena Commander matches have been temporarily disabled.
- Player characters can clip through the external doors of certain outposts.
- When firing at AI ships they will appear to Desync and have high packet loss
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown’ after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
- Crystals and large surface rock deposits vibrate and shake.
- Hammerhead atmo entry effects clipping through interior of the ship
- Arena Commander/Star Marine usually fail to cycle to the next game.
- The Area18 nav marker will appear at the central plaza, not the spaceport
- Legally landed ships may be impounded
- If the player disconnects during the prison load screen their load-out will not be changed
- ADS on optics scope for the Arrowhead or P6-LR when crouching/prone don’t work.
- Freelook does not always work properly in turrets
- Shots from remote turrets visually desync but still connect with the target
That is a lot of bugs… but I seem to be avoiding most of them pretty well. How about you?