Star Citizen Alpha 3.11.0 is now out to OPEN PTU and it looks like CI are pushing for a LIVE build of 3.11.0 for the 10th of October if possible.
If you have a Star Citizen account and game package you can participate in that test universe now by heading over to the Account Settings Section of the RSI Website, Clicking the Public Test Universe Tab and Copying your account.
When you log into the launcher you will now be able to select (in the top left), download and launch to the PTU.
Buttons change wise the important ones are there is no more cycling of Countermeasures…
Launch Flare – H
Launch Chaff – J
The current PTU has a testing focus of most of the new content:
- The Origin 100 series ships
- New Cargo Decks that are part of many stations & New Space Station layouts which section the stations off potentially more sensibly, access the new areas from the Elevators that are away from “landing and hangar” ones.
- There is the new BEHR BR2 Shotgun & Grenade Launcher
- The Front End Refactor of the menus
- The Exterior Space Station Green Zone Removal which is probably the biggest change allowing weapons to be fired at Greenzones as well as destructible station defenses and much more active security forces.
- Player and External Inventory Interactions, you’ll need to wear armor to have a player inventory and then each armor piece can have space for loots, you can interact with the cargo in the ROC and move items in and out of it.
- Throw T1 now shows the arcs of grenades, you can throw many items, overhand or underhand with left and right mouse buttons respectively.
- Force Reactions T1 have characters reacting to getting hit or sudden impacts in ships. Blasts from grenades or shotguns can know you over.
- Missile and Countermeasure QOL Improvements
The idea here being that they want to prioritize bug reporting and triage on the issue council when you encounter a bug.
There are a host of Known Issues
- When retrieving ships at New Babbage or Lorville’s spaceports, the UI telling you what Hangar your ship is placed is missing
- The Chaff Counter Measures appear with Placeholder / [PH] CHAFF Text on the Ship Flight HUD
- Mission givers are leaving their designated areas / wandering from their posts
- The Bartender will not play a wildline and will sometimes not serve the player when they approach
- Constantine Hurston is missing the correct skin tone on his face
- After destroying ship, player will wake from bed in EVA and die shortly after
- Global chat is unavailable in the visor HUD
- Character can be two different skin tones and not the gender the player picked
- The Player is unable to use auto-land within some hangars in New Babbage
- Ships landed at Lorville cannot be stored
- Ship NavMarkers and Target Highlight can become detached from Ships when Pitching Up and Down and traveling forwards
- The Mantis Snare will not prevent the other player from completing their QT (Short Range QT)
- Purchasing OxyPens or MedPens from the shelf will not place the item in the player’s inventory
- Pilot of a ship containing a passenger will be charged with Negligent Homicide if their ship is rammed and destroyed by another player
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown’ after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
- mobiGlas 2 advert screen is missing from the elevator interiors and Factory Line exterior
- Female Shopkeeper has LOD issues which cause AI to have a graphical issue and A-pose from a distance
- Imprisoned player can log out, customize their character and respawn in the Prison Hub wearing their default flight suit and gun
- Ground Vehicles can’t be spawned at Gate 05 in Lorville
- Star Marine – Player is unable to fire their primary weapon until they switch to their secondary weapon first
If you have been following the iterations and updates of the 3.11.0 branch then this latest n patch has some much needed bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue causing 10003 and 16008 error upon launching the game.
- Players should no longer have to click twice on the main menu to select an option.
- Users should no longer occasionally die when exploring around New Babbage Plaza.
- Player should no longer be killed when walking to or from any of the landing pads at Port Olisar.
- Fixed an issue that allowed FPS mined minerals/harvestables to be repeatedly, infinitely re-sold.
- Icon showing ships location should no longer display after entering a ship.
- The internal “Open Door” / “Close Door” button by the Carrack’s ramp should no longer disappear when the door is closed.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be displaced from their last Position, often intersecting Level Geometry, when recovering Instance after a crash.
- Landing Gear should no longer clip through the top of the 100 series ships wings during retract / deploy animations.
- Fixed an issue causing flares to teleport back to a player’s hand if thrown.
- Fixed an issue causing players to not be knocked down by most Ship Collisions.
- Shop display shelves should now be present in Cargo decks on space stations.
- Players who leave a ship VOIP channel while still talking should no longer appear to be still talking on that ships UI notification.
- Face Tracking animations should now work correctly when on the character customizer screen.
- Moving slowly in a ship into a Restricted Area should no longer cause the player’s vehicle to get stuck with the autopilot not moving the ship.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Constellation to not be able to fly in atmo around Hurston/Lorville.
- Fixed 5 Client crashes & 5 Server crashes
At the moment the patch is pretty clunky performance wise in certain areas and LZings, CPU usage seems way up and frame rates are not great.
Autopilot/Restricted Areas are still a bit cumbersome (at least at Lorville) and can lead to your doom rather than assist.
There is a load of Star Citizen Imperator Propaganda leading up to whatever they have planned for the 10th of October.