Welcome to some more Star Citizen 3.11 PTU Patch Notes with the o Patch Now out.
The hope here is that these issues, performance and stability can all be in a good place for Saturday the 10th of October and assumdily 3.11.0’s release.
The lighter patch is fine IF the game is in good playable order at least imo.
And it looks like CI are certain making good progress with the Open PTU tests.
Will we have a persistence reset when it goes to LIVE? I don’t think so but CI have not confirmed either way… but then again they typically wouldn’t confirm that… trixy CI.
But let’s take a look ath the changes here.
- Increased security response to heat in greenzones.
- Re-tuned the 100 series ship thrusters and did a balance pass to increase wing durability. It appears to be a lot more powerful thrust wise than before, it’s top speed remains unchanged tho.
- Ships and Vehicles should now correctly be stored and retrieved at Platinum Bay Outposts when they are Cleaned up or the Player Selects Store via ASOP.
- Fixed an issue that could cause AI spawned to sometimes become duplicated.
- Looking up in Vanguard turrets should no longer cause the interface to blur and the screen to darken.
- Interactive prompts to trigger mining consumables should no longer be missing from the Prospector cockpit.
- Fixed Visarea issue causing the Carrack door to become invisible when looking at it from the inside.
- There should no longer be a VisArea issues present on the cargo bay door at the back of the Freelancer MAX allowing players to see through from the inside.
- When returning to the pilot seat of powered ships, it will no longer announce that a specific countermeasure is selected as players no longer need to swap them.
- Fixed an issue causing the 100 series paint to still be seen where the ship has been damaged.
- The Chaff Counter Measures should no longer appear with Placeholder / [PH] CHAFF Text on the Ship Flight HUD.
- The Cycle Missile Type Keybindings under Flight – Missiles and Launch Flare under Flight – Defensive should no longer be listed with Placeholder / [PH] Text.
- Launch Chaff should no longer be listed as Deploy Noise Field under Flight – Defensive in Keybindings.
- Players should now be able to fire their primary weapon when joining a Star Marine match without having to switch weapons first.
- There should no longer be several large assets inside the main building of the Good Doctor SM map, blocking paths and clipping through objects.
- Fixed an issue with Star Marine Elimination and Arena Commander Battle Royal causing players to be on the same team and award team kills for attacking them.
- Night cycle and wind should no longer cause temperatures on Caliope, Clio, and Euterpe to drop to absolute zero.
- Player eyes should no longer be excessively reflective in FOIP calls.
- Fixed 2 Client crashes, 2 Server crashes, 1 Server Deadlocks & a backend services crash.
There are only 10 Known Issues listed now that CI have been focused on bug fixes.
- Crashing/destroying a ship on the assigned landing pad leaves that ship unclaimable via ASOP (This may require a recopy to recover the ship)
- Trading kiosks inside the Trade and Development Division building cannot be interacted with
- When retrieving ships at New Babbage or Lorville’s spaceports, the UI telling you what Hangar your ship is placed is missing
- Mission givers are leaving their designated areas / wandering from their posts
- Global chat is unavailable in the visor HUD
- Character can be two different skin tones and not the gender the player picked
- The Player is unable to use auto-land within some hangars in New Babbage
- Ships landed at Lorville cannot be stored
- Purchasing OxyPens or MedPens from the shelf will not place the item in the player’s inventory
- Imprisoned player can log out, customize their character and respawn in the Prison Hub wearing their default flight suit and gun
The most important thing here is to make sure Star Citizen doesn’t constantly crash/DC people AND that there aren’t bugs that prevent you getting your ship, moving around the universe and completing missions.
I am hoping that the changes in Alpha 3.11 get PvP and ship combat in general in good place OR at least somewhere that players will find enjoyable and not frustrating.
Could we have any surprises for 3.11? Yes it’s possible but we will have to wait and see what CI have for us on Saturday the 10th.