Hello & Welcome to some more Star Citizen we have a new patch on the PTU that is being tested before deployment with some fixes… the patch is suspected to go live later today and with it potentially some dynamic events starting…
There are some Feature Updates
- Most importantly they have Decreased min and max insurance claim wait times for non starter ships… from 40-50%, this is to address the changes that had caused a lot of rightful annoyance from the community. Now you can get your ship back in a timely manner.
- Balance pass on mission payouts to make them more rewarding
- Updated NorthRock group bounty price and made them local to systems
- Changed it so if a bounty hunter kills a PVP bounty the mission is withdrawn rather than failed for any other hunter players with that mission
- Added warning to refinery terminal letting players know that unselected materials from a ship will be discarded when creating a job
- There’s an Interim pricing adjustment on restocking ship ordnance (Missiles, torpedoes, and Countermeasures)
- Updated settings steps in options menu for tobii eye head ratio to 0.01
There is a host of Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing the Talon engines to overheat and ship to lose power when powering up
- Commodities should no longer display incorrect text and should now be sellable at trading kiosks
- Holiday boxes should now be able to be sold
- ASOP spawned ship assets should no longer load slowly when first connecting to a server
- There should no longer be 2 AI NPC’s standing behind the guild office desk at mining shop on refinery decks
- Fixed an issue that was causing some players to infinitely load while joining the PU
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes get stuck on the splash screen when loading into the game
- Fixed an issue causing some clients to not receive the full member list in global channel
- Fixed an issue causing Shadows cast by the light from the Stanton star to pop in and out while in cities
- The Talon weapon rack has should now have a prompt to close it after it has been opened
- Fixed an issue causing some players to see a pixelated film grain when it was disabled
- A blank contract available notification should no longer be displayed during game play
- Fixed visarea issues when using turrets in most ships
- Fixed the Pitch Ladder not being aligned properly in Mixed Mode
- Lorville cinematic music should now play correctly
- Player will now still send a video feed in a FOIP call if the player does not have a mic
- Miles Eckhart will no longer have a long pause after the player sits down
- Fixed an issue causing certain keybinds to not be removable
- Assaulting Vehicle infraction should no longer be applied instantly so that it can be forgiven
- Numerous assets and structures should no longer fail to load in each of the classic race maps
- Account resets should no longer sometimes fail and lead to multiple issue such as all ships being doubled in game
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander causing players to display on the same team
- Fixed 12 Client crashes & 7 Server crashes as well as made some Backend service optimizations.
This leaves the game in quite a good place with the known issues list for 3.12 being:
- Player eyes are extra reflective in video.
- Select CRU series station external elevators are missing (CRU-L1 and CRU-L5)
- The shopkeepers of both Live Fire Weapons and Garrity Defense are stood away from their desks
- Being arrested with both utility slots occupied causes the player to respawn in prison with a broken multi-tool.
- Ship canopy will open and close randomly without input… that canopy bug is probably the most annoying and the biggest shame that they were unable to get it fixed.
This is a patch that probably won’t change the game to 3.12.1 it will just be part of 3.12.0… and with it’s deployment OR soon after I would expect to see those dynamic events come online… We know something big is coming for in game events and missions and it looks to start within the next few days.
But what do you think? Does this mini-patch go a way to fixing some of the issues that you’ve been experiencing in Alpha 3.12? Are there bugs that you still have that haven’t been fixed? What’s the stability like for you in 3.12 are you getting 30k’d a lot? Whatever your thoughts I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.