Welcome to some more Star Citizen… I wanted to look at the latest 3.12.0b LIVE Patch that’s just gone live, some of it’s fixes BUT also it’s bugs in a little more detail… a very quick State of the Game for Star Citizen…
Although CI is back in their offices we still don’t have a return to regularly scheduled content… that appears to be next week with ISC back on the 21st of January and SCL on the 22nd.
There is a couple of things that Zyloh Answered
So no confirmation on when those events will start… I am still hoping for the end of Jan tho.
We have had a new LIVE Patch 3.12.0b but there hasn’t been a database reset of any kind so you shouldn’t have lost anything… it’s just a few bug fixes…
- Bounty Assessment missions should now show & progress correctly again.
- If you do need to do a character reset this should now allow you to progress in bounty hunting missions too.
- After exiting Quantum Travel, the QT HUD on ships should no longer get stuck displaying while the QT drive is cooling down
- Ground vehicles should no longer take intermittent damage during travel across the surface of low gravity moons
- Players should now be able to activate mining consumables in the Mole using the inner thought UI
- Players should no longer gain a crimestat after completing bounty missions
- Fixed an issue causing ships to despawn after a player disembarks for a short duration
- Contract popups should no longer contain “mission(Title)” instead of the intended text
- Fixed 7 Client crashes & 2 Server crashes
There are still some known issues listed…
- Selling commodities from personal Inventory causes a service error, tho making a cargo box will allow you to sell it from your ship.
- When logging into some commodity and refinery kiosks, they can display incorrect Commodity Information and Prevent Sales
- Attempting to sell minerals in Prison results in a Processing screen and then a transaction failed message
- Select CRU series station external elevators are missing (CRU-L1 and CRU-L5)
- The shopkeepers of both Live Fire Weapons and Garrity Defense are stood away from their desks
- Being arrested with both utility slots occupied causes the player to respawn in prison with a broken multi-tool
I think selling commodities to shops is probably the most restrictive bug… It doesn’t seem to update the inventories either so you can’t really sell large loads… without server hopping a lot… it’s a bit dumb.
There is also issues with reclaiming your ship typically after the game has crashed as well tho sometimes just when you ship is destroyed… leaving it un an unspawnable UNKNOWN state which is not ideal. You can reset your character at least to fix this… also I seemed to have some success with renting a ship and when the rental ended I was able to spawn my ships again.
Also trying to claim it at another planet/station seems to work sometimes too.
There is also a good amount of desync still plaguing Star Citizen… and it make PvP in game pretty maddening and janky.
The issues here are a little annoying to accessibility to cargo haulers and miners… in fact in some situations pretty unplayable for them.
It’s great that Bounty Hunting is playable again for sure.
But ship claims being erratic as well as desync can break the game sometimes.
That said the servers seem pretty stable… there are lot less 30k reports and I haven’t had any at all since the hotfixes last week and this new patch.
I am hoping that CI are pushing for a 3.12.1 patch that fixes those major issues somewhat… and hopefully they aren’t waiting for 3.13 OR later to solve them…