Star Citizen Alpha is 3.12.1 NOW LIVE AND the Assault on Staton Event is gearing up…. So what does that mean? And after that we will look at the patch notes too.
Assault on Stanton this is a first in the series of more major events but also leads to CI
improving annual events like Invictus Launch Week to enabling patch-exclusive adventures and battles, dynamic events are sure to shake up the ‘verse. During this event, you’ll progress through a number of phases while defending the Stanton system from incursion.
An outlaw group known as XenoThreat has launched a campaign of violence in the Stanton System and the Navy has requested CDF support to help combat the scourge. Preaching a viciously anti-UEE and ALIENphobic rhetoric, XenoThreat forces have been responsible for dozens of attacks against civilian and corporate structures.
It looks like they are gearing up to the event in more ways than one with… There is a ship sale that’s going on… you can currently grab some ships from the website Gear Up:
The Arrow, Gladius, Buccaneer, Gladiator, Sabre, Cutlass Blue, Super Hornet, Vanguard Warden, Sentinel and Harbinger, Retaliator Bomber and Eclipse. You can also grab these things in game as well so bare that in mind.
BUT also there is a message about the impending Start of the Event…
Outlaw forces identified as XenoThreat recently attacked a corporate convoy headed for Terra system. They destroyed all the cargo and publicly executed the crew as “collaborators of corporate greed.”
The UEE Navy has dispatched an armed response to deal with this threat. Navy intelligence reports have also picked up additional XenoThreat hostiles on the periphery of the system, with an indeterminate force on an intercept course for Stanton. Estimated arrival is 24-48 hours.
The Civilian Defense Force (CDF) has been raised to provide support for Naval forces against this imminent threat. If you would like to volunteer, please monitor your mobiGlas Contract Manager for a debriefing when it becomes available.
It looks like the phases might be coming……… not immediately but stepped… however they decide to do it for the live build you’ll be able to join in the XenoThreat Missions from your mobiGlas and the Priority Tab there will have a mission for you when it’s up on the server you are on!
For those of you that want to know the event has goes from Clearing a Gas Cloud by Jericho Station out of Pirates and securing some Starfarer Wrecks AND moving cargo from the wrecks to Jericho and selling it there.
Defending the Javelin there which requires the cargo to resupply.
Once that’s complete. You’ll Attack the XenoThreat Fleet.
Let’s take a look at the 3.12.1 LIVE Patch Notes
- They have reduced the Server Player Cap 40 this appears to be to get the event to a more playable stable standard.
- They also Removed Delamar from the Stanton System
- EVA QOL updates with improvements to how live ragdoll physics are handled and greatly increased the angular acceleration of the thruster packs in EVA
- PVP and PVE bounty missions will now fail for the hunter if they are killed by the bounty
- Polish pass on names and location descriptions of various bounty missions and Northrock PVP Bounty Missions
- Temporarily removed patrol missions
- Reduced starting inventory levels of multiple commodities at TDDs to prevent their inventory from being constantly maxed out
- Increased inventory and refresh rate of all shop items to reduce the frequency that items run out of stock
- Increased the availability of prison repair missions
- Made further optimizations to help with AI flight movement when server framerate is erratic
- Moved exit interaction location on Retaliator bunk beds to make it more easily found
Major Bug Fixes
- Chat order should no longer become reversed by going into the MG
- Fixed an issue causing the claim function to not be available at ASOP terminals
- Fixed an issue causing ships to not be able to restocked
- Vehicle damage charges should no longer be given to the wrong player when ships collide
- Fixed an issue causing the fuel intakes on the Star Runner to scoop less than intended amounts of fuel
- Fixed an issue that could cause a players ship to enter a state where it cannot be Retrieved ALTHOUGH this is also mentioned in known issues…
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Prison kiosks to give a transaction failed message.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get a broken multi-tool if they are sent to prison
- Shields should no longer be able to be penetrated by laser scatterguns
- Talon Shrike should no longer become unable to fire missiles
- The C-788 cannon should now correctly deal damage against friendly targets
- Multiple FPS weapons should no longer be able to shoot thru walls
- Fixed a server fps issue causing enemy fighters to change direction instantly and have unnatural behaviors
- Items Dropped or Placed by a Player should no longer immediately disappear
- Players Ship should no longer become Unresponsive after Mining an FPS Deposit.
- Turrets at rest stops now respawn correctly after being destroyed
- Fixed an issue causing turrets to not spawn properly for Claim Jumper missions
- Fixed an issue causing the player do not be given a mission progression counter when they arrive at a Claim Jumper mission.
- Bounty targets should no longer take a long time to spawn once the location has been reached
- Players should no longer be able to clip through the hull of the Idris to steal it
- The mission named ” A Very Difficult Task ” should no longer immediately automatically complete.
- Increased the pay-out to the intended amount of 45000 aUEC for successfully completing the Capture Arlington Gang Leader Mission
- When a second player arrives at the bounty location without the mission the objective marker should no longer read last known location for a brief moment
- Fixed an issue causing more than intended reinforcements to sometimes spawn for easy bounty hunting missions
- Fixed an issue where reinforcement ships on easy bounties could sometimes spawn harder than intended ships
- Fixed an issue that made wheeled vehicles to easy to get stuck on their side
- Fixed an issue causing weapon raise not to work near objects while in EVA
- Andromeda Landing gear deploy animation should now fully play
- Players should now be able to use the interaction system to power on the Nox
- Players should no longer be able to Duplicate Mined Gems Infinitely
- Fixed an issue causing players to not be able to Exit Ground Vehicle Remote Turrets
- There should no longer be a chance that no audio or video will go through on a call from a player who is on a planet surface
- The Exit Screen when Closing a Refinery Terminal should now display correctly
- Eclipse torpedo animation should now correctly play when firing
- CRU-L5 quantum travel should no longer be obstructed from most planets and moons
- Fixed 14 Client crashes, 10 Server crashes & 2 Main Thread Deadlocks
- Backend shop service optimizations
There are still some Known Issues
- Some items that should be kept after a Character reset can be lost.
- Lighting / Shadow issues are affecting players using AMD 6800 and 6900 graphics cards.
The Patch on Paper is PRETTY SOLID however I haven’t had the chance to play the XenoThreat Missions on this live build yet… mainly because they are not yet ON… it’s incoming… like in hours!