Welcome to some more Star Citizen Alpha 3.13.1 is out on the Open PTU.
The Patch is preparing for Fleet Week and there has recently been some server/database maintenance… this is in part to try and solve the instability and crashing issues 3.13 suffered from… and this PTU seems pretty stable currently, hopefully those issues are now mostly solved.
There is a reasonable amount of other stuff going on with this patch too.
There is a New Arena Commander mode: 1 vs 1 Duel Mode, this is potentially here to give something for competitive PvPers to do. If they do the Leaderboards for this in a good way then I think it will actually be something fun!
We had a PVE Bounty Update making them a bit more in line with PVP bounties. PVE bounties no longer drop QT beacons for hunters to use so players must navigate to their targets. Short term this is lame… it makes it harder to chain bounties and do them quickly, just kind of adding travel time for the sake of it. However longer term it’s sensible to have everything standardized. I hope it’s not a case of, let’s balance the mission economy by nerfing PvE Bounty Hunting a bit.
Oddly not mentioned in the Patch Notes are 2 other Features!
Ship To Station Docking allowing your larger ship like a Hammerhead to be able to dock with a station. It functions just like the Snub Docking on the Connie, request landing, Get out your landing gear, get close, align the dots and then hold the landing gear button to finish with an autodock.
There are Commodity Alerts too, this only appears for a couple of them at the moment but in your journal you can see if an item is OVER or UNDER stocked for buying and selling… thus allowing you to make short term hauling profit from a bit more of a range of goods. Looking forward to cargo hauling and trade to be a bit more profitable and dynamic.
There is also now Photosensitive Seizure Warning when you run the launcher too… better safe and informed than sorry.
There were a slew of Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing improper and inconsistent collision between ground cover such as small vegetation having collision / large rocks having no collision, and vehicles
- Players should no longer experience an infinite loading screen when attempting to load into the PU
- Players should no longer get stuck in an infinite load screen after using bed logout in a ship
- SDF shields should no longer allow damage penetration while the ship is at speed
- Refuel and Rearm services at New Babbage should now function correctly
- The docked Merlin on pirate Constellations should no longer be friendly and give the player a friendly fire warning during combat
- Drake Buccaneer landing gear should no longer disappear when retracted and should be visible when deployed
- Landing gear should now animate correctly on all Freelancer variants
- Esperia Talon should now sit properly and not clip its nose into the landing pads
- Pushing a trolley onto the cargo ramp of the Constellation will no longer cause the player to speed up while going over the ramp
- Players should no longer be able to take other players medPens from their suits by interacting with them
- Wallace Klim should no longer spawn away from his table, facing the wrong way and floating
- Chairs in the dining area of the Reclaimer should no longer be placeholder models
- The Door Open/Close Toggles on the ROC DS should now correctly close the pilot seat door
- There should no longer be two Exit Prompts in the Turret Seat of the ROC DS
- Fixed an issue causing the Greycat ROC to not receive as much damage as intended when a mineable explodes near it
- The vehicle barrier in the Carrack should now be able to be closed after raising it
- The side turret seats within the Anvil Carrack should no longer be missing the orange highlight when interacting with them
- The Hammerhead elevator should no longer collide with the landing bay at Port Olisar, causing the ship to move
- The Gladius ladder door animation should now play properly and close after the ladder is stored
- Leaving a trolley in a door way as it shuts should no longer clip through the floor erratically and kill players
- Attempting to place food or drink in New Babbage should no longer sometimes cause the player to consume it instead
- Fixed an issue causing mineables to not spawn on Arial
- Fixed an issue causing some moons to have surface temperatures of 0°C and apply no environmental / temperature affects to players
- Localised text should no longer be present when right clicking a party channel
- Stowing a weapon and walking at the same time should no longer send the weapon back into the player’s hands
- The Anvil Hawk wingtips should no longer be missing SDF shields
- Fixed 13 Client crashes, 3 Server crashes & 4 Main Thread Deadlocks
We still have some Known Issues… that said a couple of these appear to be fixed in 3.13.1 already…
- Customizations made on the RSI Website are missing in-game for the 300 series
- Items missing after update / Character Reset / pledge change
- There can be an Abnormally long delay between pick up storing of fps mineables/harvestables/items
- Client may crash when loading a second player into a server in Arena Commander… not ideal if you want to try the new 1v1 duel mode…
- Players may not be able to quantum jump with another player on the bridge
- Name plates do not appear to be visible on some skins and variants
- Constellation can despawn when flying 30km away after undocking
- Connie P52 Docking is Janky
- Trolleys found in Area18 hangars are clipping through the floor and can’t be pushed up ramps/elevators.
- Players can spawn facing the wrong way in Arena Commander
- The eclipse spawns with cockpit canopy ladder interactions are broken
- Chat HUD is partially off screen when using ultrawide resolutions
Alpha 3.13.1 is going strong and you can expect more content to be added to this in the coming days ahead of Fleet Week, I am expecting to see the Hercules & Nova Tonk in the next week or 2 added to the PTU for example.