Welcome to a Quick Star Citizen Update Alpha 3.14 is super close to being released, we’ve had a new PTU Patch, playtests for the New Events and a little roadmap Update that I want to cover today:
Hacking has been delayed to Alpha 3.16 and Q4.
Development on Hacking is continuing to make good progress. After a round of internal feedback, we’ve made the decision to spend some additional time on this feature in order to release it in a more polished state.
We have a couple of additions to the Progress Tracker
Implementing proximity mines into the game, which are explosives that have a defined area trigger zone. When someone or something enters that zone, the trigger is tripped and the mine explodes. Work on this item is planned for Mid August – Start of October.
Male Specialist Heavy RRS Armor
Creating an Roussimoff Rehabilitation Systems Specialist heavy armor set, including its material variants. Work on this armor is planned for End of August to End September.
It looks like CI are push towards a LIVE build very soon, I’d expect them to try for a LIVE build this weekend if at all possible.
The Aurora power tuning has been tweaked.
- Players should no longer experience a 30009 error when loading into the PU
- Fixed an issue causing turrets to not be able to pitch up and down in ships
- Players should no longer QT through planets when spline jumping
- Fixed an issue causing Star Marine matches not to end when max point have been reached
- Medpen should no longer show up twice in Star Marine Loadout Customization
- Fixed 1 Client crash
- Backend service stability fixes
Remaining Known Issues
- There is a bug that’s caused some players to be unable to select a system to spawn in, recopying account and deleting user folder seems to fix it… shouldn’t be a problem in LIVE.
- Players may experience an infinite load when rejoining the PU after a bed logout
- Legally landed ships are irregularly being treated as blocking flight zones and impounded
- Editing PMA After Changing mobiGlas case prevents mobiglas functionality
- Missiles do not follow flares as a countermeasure
- Ships are not fully repaired after repairing / refueling them in VMS
There are More XenoThreat Incursion Playtests that have been going on as well on the PTU.
There were 3 critical issues that CI were trying to tie down:
- Once the cargo boxes are handed in the mission will not complete despite successful delivery of the cargo
- AI vehicles will occasionally become unresponsive during poor server performance
- Javelin Streaming back in undocked when previously already docked
There were some issues I saw with the progress moving on to the next phases after the cargo phase happening on some servers.
Both with the XenoThreat playtests and 3.14.0q there are problems with Desync, tho they do appear to be trying to get something in place that will minimize it for LIVE.
You can expect that when 3.14 goes live there will be some ships on sale, the Constellation Taurus for sure BUT there have been so many changes to fighters AND events where fighters and multi-crew ships will be mega useful that it makes very likely that there may be a combat ship sale or sales throughout 3.14s Launch and Cycle.
Boom, that’s it for a little 3.14 and roadmap update today…