Cloud Imperium have once again confirmed they aim to release Star Citizen Alpha 3.16 live later this week. We look at the latest updates for that Patch and what else is happening during this Luminalia week.
There have been various PTU patches doing a mixture of polish and fixing a load of bugs over the last few days.
3.16.0 h Fixed a couple of more minor problems
- Depositing gems in the Klescher Prison should now work
- Orison’s Cloudview Center Arcade’s doors should now open correctly.
- “Close Exterior” prompts should now correctly close ramps or doors on various ships
- They Fixed Several mannequins in Tammany and Sons shop that were missing armor
3.16.0 i this is the latest patch and looks very close to a release candidate.
There were some Polish to UGF Missions the NPCs there are now on longer “police” and are guards instead so laws like Assaulting an Officer is not triggered and they have Increased leniency on damage taken from friendly-fire threshold of AI.
Also the Bunker Missions seem to complete and function as intended a huge amount more than they don’t
They Increased cost of Size 10 MOA Bombs.
Then there were some solid bug fixes too
- Players damaging ships while exiting them
- Medical Beds should now correctly heal injuries
- Stars should no longer appear to flicker
- AI names on bounty targets should now correctly match the mission descriptions and bounty missions and atmospheric bounties appear to be functioning correctly… at least the couple I tried.
- Items should no longer highlight grey and be unusable.
- Players should no longer become stuck in the queue to respawn at an ICU
- Killing an AI wearing heavy armour with a knife takedown will no longer cause them to get back up, drop their weapon, and stop responding.
- Gravlev vehicles should no longer be able to be flown to space by rolling side to side
- After gaining a trespassing crime outside Klescher, logging out and back in will put the player at their original persistence location rather than in GrimHEX
- There should no longer be ReplaceMe balls in the drug rooms of Jumptown
A couple of server crashes have been solved over those 2 patches as well.
However there are still various Known Issues a couple of which are critical to solve before live imo:
- Spawn closets do not recognize unconscious AI and close the door on them possibly leaving mission critical AI unreachable… so those bunker missions still aren’t 100%
- Laser Repeaters can directly damage ships through shields
- Prison Missions do not spawn in Kleischer Rehabilitation Facility
- Ships sometimes wont appear in the customizer app
- You can get stuck in the Reliant Sleeping Area
- Cannot Repair, Refuel, Restock at some areas
- You are sometimes unable to select a system to join the PU
- Character’s head, mobiGlas, and other equipment are missing after being released from Klescher
- Bed logging on a moon or planet – can have your ship fall through surface
- Ship may despawn after it’s owners death.
- People can get trapped in the Hammerhead turrets.
- You sometimes spawn in the wrong direction
- Weapon will not holster
I personally think we will see a live build within the next 24-48 hours. But it is a bit dependant on if they can solve some of those more egregious bugs.
Another couple of things I think some players want to see are a bit of a rebalance of the Ion and Redeemer as they have seen some nerfs and changes in 3.16 thru the PTU that haven’t been hugely popular. Really it’s the SF7E Laser Cannon that is the issue not the ship really, it was expected to be a highly accurate slow firing high individual shot damage weapon and it’s been watered down heavily.
The 3.16 patch is technically a modified 3.15 branch rather than branching entirely off… which is going to be interesting… it’s a much smaller patch but it could lead to a more stable / performant and accessible game in the short term… maybe…
What else is happening this Week in Star Citizen
Tuesday, there is a Galatapedia Update
Wednesday is the actual day of Luminalia. It will be the last chance to get the calendar gifts and freebies from the RSI website. There was a very cool banu knife as one of those gifts but there are ship skins, flair and forum badges too.
I am also expecting that new grav-lev bike and cutlass steel to both be on sale on Wednesday as well.
Thursday, there are some bits for RSI subscribers with the new issue of Jump Point and updates to the Sub Vault BUT also they are releasing the RSI Newsletter a day earlier.
Friday Cloud Imperium go on Holiday and you can expect them to return early January… lockdowns allowing. There should still be a skeleton crew maintaining the SC servers and such and to put out any fires.
Cloud Imperium said – This is the last ‘This Week in Star Citizen’ post of 2021, so we want to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and inspiration over the year. We’ll be back in January and look forward to what the new year brings!
Have a wonderful holiday season, happy Luminalia! And until next year, we’ll see you in the ‘verse!