Welcome to Invictus Launch Week 2952, the annual celebration that pays homage to the UEE Navy and stands as one of its greatest displays of military might in civilian space.
Fleet Week is on until the 31st of May 8pm UTC.
everyone can play Star Citizen for free. Rub shoulders with legends among the clouds of Crusader, tour a massive in-service Javelin destroyer ship, witness the RSI Bengal soar throughout the system, and test-fly a huge selection of military ships.
There is a best Screenshot from around Fleet Week Competition AND The 2952 Dunlow Derby a racing competition.During Fleet Week to use a Pisces and fly around a Orison at Crusader in and out of the floating platforms. I’ll link it downbelow as it’s quite a complex course that’s self enforced an there are HOTAS based prizes from Thrustmaster.
There are loads of Ships available to buy on the RSI Website with that are expanding every 48 hours as new manufacturers turn up to fleet week and these ships sold as part of fleet week have at least 120 months insurance.
The Anvil Legionnare is a Stealthy Boarding Ship that hacks docking ports of ships then forcefully docks with them. It’s on Concept Sale currently from $100.
We Know the Drake Mule is also coming during Drake DefenseCon on the 28th May. That will be straight to Drivable and is a little cargo vehicle.
Until June 2nd there are discounted starter ship packages with the C8X Pisces and Avenger Titan
Inside Star Citizen looked at both Fleet Week’s Lore and talked a little about the Legionnare.
We had a Star Citizen LIVE AI Round Table that covered many topics, I will be breaking this down into it’s own dedicated video soon.
There was a Letter from the Chairman Chris Roberts going over the last year,
Then went onto the future of the Game with the rest of 2022, new tech, The Road to 4.0, Server Meshing, Studio Expansions, CitizenCon & Community Events and more.
I will cover this in some detail in a dedicated video as it’s quite lengthy but link the letter below.
The Sneak Peek this week was of Flashlight Attachments for FPS Weapons.
Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.1 is out to live, that also contains all that fleet week goodness but let’s go over those patch notes.
- Window Interior Mapping Shader
Added a new graphics shader to buildings around the PU that will display 3D interior rooms that change perspective when looking through windows.
- Added New Ship: RSI Scorpius
- Lighting Polish Pass for Hurston Volumetric Clouds
- Ship Paints Update
Paints can now be stored in personal and ship inventories to allow players to move them around the PU. Added paints filter to inventory tabs.
- Updated Intro Bounty Mission ship AI to be a more balanced experience for new players
- Increased Shield Health of Size 2 Shields
- Added Ability for Players to Purchase Shop Items Directly into Ships That Have Enough Storage Volume
Ships and Vehicles
- Added and New Refueling Console to the Rear Catwalk Platform on the Starfarer
- Updated Min/Max Wait Times and Insurance Expedite Fees of the Drake Cutlass Steel, Consolidated Outland HoverQuad, and MISC Hull A
- Made Further Performance Improvements to Streaming Bubble
- Performance Polish Pass on Large Planetary Storms
- Updated Gameglass Bindings for 3.17.1
- Fixed an issue causing ships and components to duplicate after a character reset
- Fixed an issue causing bunkers to not clear corpses between mission instances
- Elevators should no longer collide with players while moving to their destination
- Selling an item should no longer reset search filters back to default
- Fixed an issue causing passive detection range to be drastically reduced for all ships and vehicles
- Reloading weapons should no longer fail when emptying and reloading consecutive magazines
- Fixed an issue where players could equip any mag to the Behring BR-2 Shotgun
- Missiles should no longer be able to hit and damage the entity they were launched from
- Fixed an issue causing torpedoes to prematurely detonate before reaching max lock-on range
- The Lock Ping Controls to Scanning Mode setting should now correctly apply to Mining Mode
- AR Markers for ships, turrets, and other objects should no longer visually block the mobiGlas interface
- The oxygen (O2) timer in the mobiGlas should now correctly take into account the player’s suit oxygen supply
- Traveller Rental Kiosks should no longer have a blank UI / appears black when accessed
- Fixed an issue causing characters and objects to not display animations and appear to teleport while moving when looking at them from a distance through higher magnification weapon scopes
- Fixed an issue that was causing the fuel purchase price to slowly increase after players have committed to purchasing fuel from a Starfarer
- Players should no longer be able to request docking to a Starfarer if the refueling boom arm is not extended
- Starfarer’s upper turret should now have atmosphere
- Fixed an issue causing 300 Series ships to consume hydrogen fuel at a higher than intended rate
- “De-select/select” attachments on FPS weapons in shop’s confirmation window should now correctly function
- Carrack should no longer be missing geo for holo compass on the bridge technical deck
- Fixed an issue causing some of the Carrack’s component bays and suit lockers to not be able to be closed after opening
- Oxygen should now be present in the Carrack’s repair room
- Players should now be able to sit in the chair in the Carrack’s Captain’s Quarters
- Starfarer Co-Pilot’s Inner thought UI to turn ship off should no longer block MFD access
- Starlifter Series landing gear should no longer compress, causing the ramp and elevators to collide with the ground
- MISC Prospector Paint options should no longer be missing from the VMA
- Cave interiors on planets with breathable atmospheres should now correctly inherit the atmosphere of the planet
- There should no longer be invisible trees that players can collide with around the microTech river
- Loot Crates in UGFs should no longer duplicate and overlap inside of each other
- Added additional robustness to loot transfer to help Items transfer quickly from loot crates to personal inventory
- Using attachment interface to remove attachments should no longer cause some attachments to become stuck on the weapon and be unremovable
- Hornet Pirate should now correctly give Combat Assistance Mission credit when destroyed
- The Price of Freedom Laptop should no longer be missing its UI prompt, preventing a critical aspect of the mission
- Supply and demand for buying and selling commodities should no longer instantly refill
- Fixed an issue causing Comm Arrays to be missing their missile defenses and S10 turrets
- Fixed an issue causing Comm Arrays to incorrectly have trespass zones which will give the player a felony
- Fixed an issue causing some players to not receive their badge for completing Pirate Swarm in a group
- Artimex Armor cape should no longer appear to be blown by wind when there isn’t any
- Projectiles fired from UGF turrets should no longer be invisible and have chance of being silent
- Fixed an issue where ships docked to Starfarer / Starfarer Gemini could fall in atmosphere
- Fixed VisArea issues with multiple doors on the upper deck of the 400i
- The “Destroy Illegal Drugs” mission should now complete correctly after destroying all the drugs
- Fixed 12 Client Crashes
- Fixed 9 Server Crashes
- Fixed Multiple Backend Service Crashes
There are various Known Issues
- The Platinum Bay shops at the reststops will temporarily have the generic depot attract screen on them until the proper Platinum Bay attract screen is created
- Orison – The AR Marker for the Players designated landing area only appears when the Player gets within a close proximity to the Spaceport
- Ships can explode after players exit them
- While docked to a Starfarer the Valkyrie will continuously tilt instead of remaining stationary
- Damage to player health can become delayed and can trigger after the player has fully healed themselves
- The Argo Raft’s elevator controls cannot be interacted with from either inside deck
- A ship’s targeting pip may be missing or disappear for some players; they cannot be targeted when this happens
- Character’s head, mobiGlas, and other equipment can sometimes go missing after being released from Klescher
- Medical beacon will not complete mission/payment when player is brought back from incapacitation
- Character animations are not playing when looking at them at a distance through scopes
- Spawn closet doors do not open or remain open for friendly AI
- 890 Jump – AI do not spawn appropriate number
- Bunker turrets will shoot at a player with a lawful mission to be at the bunker
- Remove Claimjumpers – Mission does not progress after player has reached mission location
- ReplaceMe balls around Outposts on Daymar
- Area 18 – Centermass elevator duplicated; cannot enter the second, static, elevator door
- Trying to buy from Pharmacy kiosk causes a Failed Invalid Location message.